Universal Church of Miracle Enlightenment
Workbook Review Lessons 78-84
Lesson 78: Let miracles replace all grievances.
Each decision you make is between deciding to hold a grievance, or deciding to accept a miracle. If you choose to stop short of seeing truly, you will see the grievance and will not see the miracle that lies just beyond it. Every grievance is a BLOCK to sight and causes you to see your brother in the dark where he is not. In truth, he is in the light, as you are, yet holding a grievance hides the light from you both. Will you choose instead to lay aside your images of grievance and look upon the miracle of love the Holy Spirit will show you?
Lesson 79: Let me recognize the problem so it can be solved.
Everyone in this world seems to have his own special problems. No one could solve all the problems the world appears to hold. They seem to be on so many levels, in such varying forms and with such varied content, that they confront you at every turn with one confusion after another until you are so overwhelmed you are ready to quit. And you do. You lie down and sleep only to get up the next morning thinking you are refreshed and ready to tackle the problems of the day. Some are “solved” quickly with seeming ease, and others seem to be more difficult. Some problems are put on the back burner for another day. Dismay and depression are inevitable as you regard them. Some spring up unexpectedly, just as you think you have resolved the previous ones. Others remain unsolved under a cloud of denial and rise to haunt you from time to time only to be hidden again, still unresolved. And seemingly new problems are added to the pile until it seems the mountain of problems will topple and you will be buried under them forever – or buried in the ground, whichever comes first.
All this complexity is but a desperate attempt of the ego to keep you from recognizing the problem at the core of them all. If you could recognize that your only problem is the belief in separation, you could accept the answer because you would see its relevance. When you feel separate from God, from Holy Spirit, Jesus and Heaven, alone on this planet with only your finite mind and that of your friends to guide you – it can be terrifying even if you smile and pretend otherwise. Say:
Let me recognize this problem so it can be solved. (W-79.10:3)
Then do your best to suspend all judgment about what the problem is. Then ask what the problem is and what the answer is as well. You will be heard and you will be answered.
Lesson 80: Let me recognize my problems have been solved.
If you are willing to recognize the core cause of all your problems (the belief in the idea that you are separate from God), then you will recognize that you have no problems. There can be no problems without a cause, and if the cause is not real, then neither are its effects. You are NOT separate from God, therefore you must be at peace, even if you do not recognize it yet. This is encouraging: your problems are already solved because their cause is not real! Are you ready to accept that? Think about it for a minute. God goes with you wherever you go. The Holy Spirit is in charge of your life by your request. Jesus is as close to you as your hand, and he is bringing the Holy Spirit down to you even as you read this lesson. Legions of Helpers have been assigned to you.. And all it takes from you is ACCEPTANCE. Let Them help you!
Be determined not to collect grievances. Be determined to be the light that you are and to be free of problems that do not exist. Know the only problem you thought you had has been solved, and the rest will disappear. You and God are ONE. Instead of believing in the terrifying idea of aloneness and separation, welcome the all-encompassing enlightened idea of Oneness! Oneness is the Truth!
Lesson 81: Review of Lessons 61 and 62.
(61) I am the light of the world. How holy are you who have been given the function of lighting up the world! Be still before your holiness. In its calm light let all your conflicts disappear. In its peace, remember who you are. Through forgiveness with everyone you can share the happy news of freedom from all guilt. Leave everyone you meet today a little brighter, a little more lovable and loving as a result of meeting you. Respond to every situation with light, and ask the Holy Spirit to see the light in every situation. Remember: You are the light of the world. You are very holy.
(62) Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world. If you do not feel like the light of the world today, forgive a brother. Everyone you forgive will show you the light in yourself. It is even okay if you do not yet understand what true forgiveness is. Every single situation that seems to bring distress is an opportunity to LEARN. Let all your encounters and the circumstances of each and every day be for God’s purpose. Let them be an opportunity to practice forgiveness and to be happy. The ego can wait for your return another day, and another and another – until it gets tired of waiting for you and disappears into the nothingness from which it came.
Lesson 82: Review of Lessons 63 and 64.
(63) The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness. Forgiveness serves three major purposes:
- The light of the world is expressed through me, in this world, by forgiveness.
- As I forgive, I become aware of my own reality.
- Through forgiveness I am healed, and the world is healed along with me.
(64) Let me not forget my function. You will be more likely to fulfill your function if you remember it. And unless you fulfill your function, you will not experience the joy that God intends for you. So you must begin seeing everything as an opportunity to learn forgiveness. Whenever you treat your brother thoughtlessly, or your brother appears to be unkind to you, ask the Holy Spirit to help you BOTH to see the light. Watch your words and gestures carefully, and speak from love.
Lesson 83: Review of Lessons 65 and 66.
(65) My only function is the one God gave me. God gave you the one function of forgiveness to release you from all conflict, because with only one purpose, there can be no conflicting goals. With only one purpose in all minds, there will be no conflict anywhere! Your perception cannot change the truth of your function – because you choose to see with the Holy Spirit. No particular situation can give you a function other than the one God gave you – because your function can be fulfilled in any and all situations. You will not be tempted to use any situation for any another function – because you want to be happy and at peace. You are therefore always certain what to do, what to say and what to think. You only have to listen to the Holy Spirit for all doubt to disappear and for certainty to take its place. Nothing can separate your happiness from your function as you follow in the way, the truth and the light.
(66) My happiness and my function are one. When peace becomes the most important thing to you in this world, conflict will disappear. The ego will no longer have a foothold in your mind.
Lesson 84: Review of Lessons 67 and 68.
(67) Love created me like Itself. You were created in the image and likeness of your Creator. You cannot suffer, cannot experience loss and you cannot die. You are not a body; you are spirit in the state of grace forever. To be without suffering, loss and death, and to be without conflicting goals in this world, is a wonderful blessing. When you realize that your only function is the one God gave you, that you are to forgive and be happy instead of angry or upset, abundant clarity is the result.
Your goal is to be at peace, to be happy, to be serene and unaffected by what surrounds you or what anyone may say to you. What to do, what to say and what to think will then simply come to you. Remembering your one and only true goal somehow sorts everything out. So as you look on the world, remember your function, remember your Self, remember Love, remember your Creator -- and be happy.
(68) Love holds no grievances. Grievances are completely alien to love. If you hold grievances you are attacking love, and therefore attacking your Self. Thus your Self will become alien to you. Be determined not to attack your brother today, nor to attack your Self, so you can remember Who You are – and be happy.
There really is a way to be happy in this world. By simply staying calm, cool and collected, no matter what anyone thinks, says or does, you will then be able to hear the Holy Spirit speaking to you, telling you how to respond in any given situation, or to any perceived upset, in a way that will only promote peace between you and your brother. Do this in any situation in which you might otherwise have “lost it.” The next time you are presented with a decision as to whether to be upset or at peace, choose peace and happiness will follow. And do it quickly. Do not give the ego’s middleman even a speck of a chance to destroy your peace. Just say quickly:
“I could see peace instead of this.” (W-34)
"I could see peace in this situation instead of what I now see in it." (W-34.5:4)
And you will. ❤